Sunday, November 25, 2012

Blogging to-do list

I have been lax about keeping up my blogging lately, and I need to get 'BTK' - back to the keyboard.

Here I'll start off with a laundry list of topics I want to cover in the next little while. I can turn these into links as I add entries for them.


  • The new Canon Powershot SX-50 HS which is probably the best all-around camera I've ever owned. The  huge super-zoom goes from 24mm equivalent, great for indoors and for landscapes, to an eye-popping 1200mm equivalent zoom at the long end, with remarkably good image stabilization. This is a 50 times zoom ratio, and they've made it work. Oh and 1080p HD video tossed in. I'm looking forward to some better bird photos in my future.
  • The Raspberry Pi - I placed my order for qty. 10 back in July and they just arrived at the start of the week. So far I've been tracking down require cables etc. I set one up with Raspbian on a 4gb SD card and so far it looks quite neat. I've been reading up on its thrifty power draw (~400mA@5V == ~2W) and what you need to set it up off-grid to run from battery.
  • FLL == First Lego League, where I just did my first turn as an event judge this weekend.
  • Stuff about birds and birding on the web
  • My new real-time household power meter display and its uses (also Kill-a-Watt)
  • games we're finding such as Timeline, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment